Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Innkeeper's Key

The Idea Room posted a great idea to make a small gift to share a bit of Christmas spirit. It is called the Innkeeper's Key and it is intended to help us to remember to make room in our lives for the Savior.


For those of you who celebrate Christmas and believe in the Bible, this idea is really universal. It would make a nice simple and inexpensive gift for a neighbor or friend.
Here is the poem:

A Prayer for December


Dearest God,
Please never let me
Crowd my life
Full to the brim
So like the keeper of Bethlehem's inn
I find I have no room for Him.


Instead, let my heart's door
Be ever open,
Ready to welcome
The newborn king.
Let me offer the best I have
To Him
Who gives me everything.
-author unknown

After Christmas the key could be placed on your key ring to remind you all year to make room for the Savior in your life. Thanks Amy for sharing this great idea!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I Love your blog and your family. You are such good people. This is one of my favorite blog for Christmas. A keeper :)
Isabelle
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

I tried the link to the poem and was unsuccessful. Perhaps you would consider printing it directly on the blog site?

Ruth said...

The poem that goes along with the key is now printed within the post. Sorry about that lost link. You can still see the original post at the idea room if you click on the very first link within the post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...